Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone help me ?

Hello together,
    I'm one of thousands on this planet (just Google for the error) having the error #1601 during installation of an msi package. Since each setup of Zonealarm contains a msi-package my pc stops installation with the error #1601: Can't access msiexe.exe.
    Since however I can install any single msi-package without problems I know msiexec.exe works fine. Only if it is called by a setup file it doesn't work.
    So my question is :
    Can anybody out there create me an installation package without any msi-file inside from the newest version 15.6.028.18012 ?

I have since years a valid license of ZA but since several months I have that error #1601. So I can't update. And I tried any solution shown in the internet. That error appears from WIN 7 to WIN 10.

Can anybody help me ?

Thanks in advance from a desperate user !

Richard

Here is my 2 cents worth:

I have used ZA Extreme Security for many years on Both Windows 10 64bit and Windows 7 64-bit with very few problems,
    I search for Error #1601 on Microsoft.com Help page and they provided numerous solutions to this Error: but most of the Solutions surround a Possible Corrupted Window 7 or Windows 10 Update and suggest trying to Update Windows to the latest update:

Windows Installer problem, error code 1601, Win 10

What else could I do to fix this issue?

FIXED.(half a year later)

I got this problem fixed after upgrading Windows 10 to the latest version.

I hope this helps you, you can also read the many other solutions on Microsoft.com

Regards;
    GeorgeV

GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7 Hours
    Closed on Holidays

Comment

Thanks GeorgeV for your answer. I'm still running Win 7 and install every update MS offers for it.
      I tried many solutions I found even those on Microsoft.com. And what I found til now is that the error 1601 remains even on WIN 10. Some say some solutions work, some don't .
      What I'm looking for is an unpacked version of the latest ZA Version I could use to install on my pc without needing msieexec.exe.
      Studying the xml file I find in the Checkpoint folder on my hard disk it shows that the webinstaller downloads beside some other files also a Zonealarm.msi file.
      But double clicking that downloaded file fails coz the installer needs some other files before installed.
      An offline package with all files unpacked just would be great.

Thanks

Comment

As far as I remember The ZA Developers Quict offering An offline package with all files unpacked Years ago and completely Redesigned the Executable files requiring you to down the file diretly from the computer you are installing ZA on.

Sorry all users here on this User Supported Web-site, no official ZA technical support.
        You should contact directly the technical support,. Contact details available at:
        https://support.zonealarm.com

Thanks,
        GeorgeV
        GeorgeV
        ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
        Monday-Sunday 24x7 Hours
        Closed on Holidays

Comment

Working...
        X