ZA keeps finding "Not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.Generic"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZA keeps finding "Not-a-virus:HEUR:AdWare.Script.Generic"

How do I stop this? Sometimes it only comes up with a couple other times a couple of hundred every few minutes. Makes it hard to do anything when it keeps popping up. I've had ZA for years and it's never done this till the past few months. Why now? I'm on windows 10.

Weird, I don't see here any of those kind of files in the directory of the screenshot either ZA is corrupted and scanning where it should not or may be an active infection is messing up with the AV.
    Which version of ZA are you using? Right click the ZA icon near the clock, about, copy to clipboard and paste it here. PLEASE REMOVE YOUR LICENSE KEY IF PRESENT in the pasted text.

Thanks,
    Fax

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security version: 15.3.060.17669
      Also, every now and then it gets turned off somehow.

Comment

As I was suspecting you are running a more than a year old version of ZA Extreme. Time to update.
        But first you will need to remove fully your existing version (take note of the license before removing it!). Remember always to reboot the PC before trying to install the new version.

You can find the latest version at the following link:
        https://support.zonealarm.com/hc/en-...larm-Downloads
        (mind to download the right installer, i.e. extreme)

Thanks,
        Fax

Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

nothing has happened for a few days since using the updated version, but funnily enough I had updated it a few times ( or though it was) while it was happening and same thing, even uninstalled and reinstalled new version when it happened last time. Well I shall see how I go for now

Comment

Happy to hear it seems resolved. Thank you for taking the time to report it back.
            For ZA product updates just visit the forum from time to time. Announcements of new versions are normally posted at the top pf the forum page.

Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Working...
            X