BSOD from klwtp.sys

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD from klwtp.sys

I installed the ZASPSetupWeb_153_060_17669.exe yesterday and ever since I get hourly BSODs reporting: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and the offending file is klwtp.sys. Thinking the update got corrupted upon downloading, I did the Windows uninstall...reboot...zaCLEAN...reboot, then freshly installed the latest version again. Unfortunately, I still get BSODs about every hour or two after all that. The klwtp.sys files reside in the 3 locations shown in the attached image.

klwtp.sys-files.jpg

Re: BSOD from klwtp.sys

Hi;

Sorry, We are all Users here in this Forum,

Based on the Limited info you provided on ZA version # and if you have other Security programs installed that may Conflict with Zone Alarm, I will try to make my best Guess at resolving your issue..

Older versions of Zone Alarm are not Recommended and no longer supported.. The Current Release of Zone Alarm Firewall is LISTED IN THE bulletin AT TOP OF forum PAGE:

Generally a BSOD Occurs when installing Zone Alarm on a Windows System that :

1.) Windows is not Fully Update with latest Windows Updates.

2.) A Conflict may occurred if you have any other 3rd party Security program that is trying to link to the same Windows location that Zone Alarm is designed to interface with causing a Windows BSOD..

Regards,
    GeorgeV
    GeorgeV
    ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7 Hours
    Closed on Holidays

Comment

Thanks GeorgeV. So ZASPSetupWeb_153_060_17669.exe is not the latest paid version of za Extreme Security? That's the version listed when I go to the za download page. I have no other security programs running. My Windows 10 Pro is fully updated.

Comment

In that case I would recommend as a Paid User please contact the official ZA Technical Support at the link provided at the top of the announcement box or following the link in my signature.

Before contacting ZA support please be sure to be on the latest version of ZA Extreme. We are at version 15.3.060.17669. Latest version can be download at the following address:
        https://support.zonealarm.com/hc/en-...larm-Downloads
        (mind to choose the right installer).

Thank you,
        GeorgeV
        GeorgeV
        ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Click here for ZA Support
        Monday-Sunday 24x7 Hours
        Closed on Holidays

Comment

Working...
        X