Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win10 1903 and Free Firewall issue?

Hi experts,
    I recently upgrade 2 PC's to Win10 1903 release and on both machines having 12Mb of RAM installed, I noticed a strange behavior.After install completion, the system was awfully slow to react and checking the Performance monitor, I noticed that ZA was using somewthing like 30 to 50% of the CPU power. This was using either the latest 15.6.11.17997 or the previous 15.4.xxx I used...

Maybe it has nothing to do with it but on one machine I went back to Win10 1809 and everything became normal again and the same happened to the other machine where I decided to uninstall ZA, remaining with 1903...

Any hint would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers from Paris, France

Philippe

YES! As soon as I had the mandatory May windows update completed, Zonealarm firewall was pegging one or two threads/cpu of my Ryzen 2700X at 100% useage after about 5 minutes after reboot. Did clean install, no help. If I turn of ZA and use windows firewall all apps, firefox, windows explorer, programs, ect. stop freezing and work perfectly like before. I sent logs and they are looking into it. Not sure if this is a Ryzen issue with thread handling, but no reason it should work for 5 years and then windows update and now it makes the computer unusable. Going back to windows firewall till they release a new version or fix this. I sure hope the techs read this forum and respond.

Comment

FWIW, I tried the chat today with the ZA folks. Dunno if it was a chatbot or not but this is what comes out from the discussion:

- They asked that I uninstall ZA, reboot, then use a clean tool provided by them and reinstall the latest version which is supposed to fix it.
      - Did all this and reinstalled the latest and greatest (156_11_18054) on my laptop with an SSD drive
      - Disc access still cruised at 20% when stabilized (essentially Truevector activity)
      - They asked me to post the results but although it's supposed to be 24/5 PST, it's now 4pm here in France, that is, 7am PST and no answer when I started the first chat 30 mins ago...
      - WIll uninstall it again...

Philippe

Comment

Just as an FYI, just in case ZA folks read these posts, here are 3 shots showing what happens on my desktop (French language but should be easy to understand):
        - ZA version#
        - Monitor with and without ZA loaded
        Cheers
        Philippe

Comment

Working...
        X