• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrispy5
    started a topic BSOD with Windows 10 1903 epnetflt.sys

BSOD with Windows 10 1903 epnetflt.sys

Hi to the community,

OK so I tried to install and old application I used to use to record video and sound on my Laptop called oCam. It asked if I wanted to upgrade to the new version. I agreed because I had used it before without any trouble. But this time I got a message from my Antivirus saying it had caught a virus: BRTSvc.exe infected with Win32:BRTMiner-A[Trj], which was in my ZoneAlarm install.

So, I uninstalled ZoneAlarm and rebooted, then reinstalled using zafwSetupWeb_156_121_18102.exe. Now I seem to be getting a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) every so often with the message: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL saying that it's because of the epnetflt.sys driver.

I think it happens when a new Chrome tab opens.

Can anyone help with this? I have been using ZoneAlarm for a long time and don't want to have to change now.

Thanks,
    Chris.

P.S. I have probably uninstalled and reinstalled ZoneAlarm about 3 times.

P.P.S. I have a lot of tabs open in Chrome, about 38.
    Last edited by Chrispy5; August 18th, 2019, 02:52 AM.

• dingbat
    replied
    Hi,
    I don't often do this but I've been a fan of Zone alarm right from the beginning but it seems to be causing me trouble now...

Had the same issue as described about 50% of the time my PC would crash with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL due to the epnetflt.sys driver

As above uninstalled the current one zafwSetupWeb_156_121_18102.exe and managed to find an old version in downloads the same as above zafwSetupWeb_151_504_17269.exe to replace it.

Now working fine and boots much faster. Looking at Task Manager on another pc still running the current version, I see it is full of the Checkpoint anti-ransomware stuff actively consuming CPU and memory most of the time. I'm sure that it is doing a valuable job but I've got an AV for that and I'm not going to allow an upgrade. Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Chrispy5
    replied
    OK, so here's what I did:

Uninstalled ZoneAlarm (the latest one), then installed an older version = zafwSetupWeb_151_504_17269.exe

Then after a while it said it wanted to upgrade and I let it do that (to 15.6.121.18102)

So far so good.

Leave a comment:

• daviesb
    replied
    Getting BSOD roughly once a week. All the Minidumps point to DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL due to
    the epnetflt.sys driver.
    Win 10 1903 with ZoneAlarm Free AV / Free Firewall 15.6.121.18102 (7/30/19)
    Been happy with ZA over many years but is this continues, will have un-install and try something else.

Leave a comment:

• Meyer
    replied
    Pretty sure it's not Chrome. I'm getting the same problem using Firefox (Win 10 1093). I recently reinstalled Zone Alarm Free because I was having problems with it and decided to start fresh, which is guess was a mistake because now my machine is crashing randomly. I'm digging into it and so far it is looking like Zone alarm is the culprit, which is a shame because I've been using it for a long time and would also hate to move to something else.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X