Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ZA won't update AV/AS and Customer Support form broken, so cannot contact support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZA won't update AV/AS and Customer Support form broken, so cannot contact support

For a few days now I've been getting an update error when I try to update the AV/AS. There are no specifics to it, it starts the update process, downloads, starts installing and eventually skips to the summary screen where it just says "Antivirus/Anti-Spy update: Error" - nothing more.

I already tried manually uninstalling and reinstalling ZA with the latest version from their website (the update window confirms that the latest product version is installed), but no joy.

I tried contacting customer support, but whether I click on chat or email support, I just get a blank page with "???en_US.myaccount???" on it. A quick google search just shows one other post that described this problem, with no solution.

The ZoneAlarm FAQ had no posts on what could prevent the AV from updating, so I'm turning to the community. Any ideas?

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall-Version: 15.6.121.18102
    Vsmon-Version: 15.6.104.18071
    Treiberversion: 15.1.29.17237
    Antivirus-Engine-Version: 8.9.1.113
    Antivirus-Signatur-DAT-Dateiversion: 1329345504

Last edited by cber; 2 weeks ago. Reason: Added dat info

Hello,

sorry there is no official support for the free version of ZA. To write an email to ZA support you have to have an ZA account or create one.
    The support forms for the email contact works fine, if you don't see anything then something is not working correctly with your system or with the browser which may be linked to your ZA not updating.

First you should fix your issue with the system and then if the issue persist with the updates see here:
    https://forums.zonealarm.com/forum/z...ying-to-update

Thanks
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; 2 weeks ago.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Sorry posted the wrong link. Now it is correct.

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
      Click here for ZA Support
      Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Working...
      X