• WonT restore files from quarantine

Hi,
    Have this version of Zonealarm on my windows 10 1903 x64 bit:

ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall-Version: 15.6.121.18102
    Vsmon-Version: 15.6.104.18071
    Treiberversion: 15.1.29.17237
    Antivirus-Engine-Version: 8.9.1.113
    Antivirus-Signatur-DAT-Dateiversion: 1329472160

and after it put my file in Quarantine cant restore it back, no matter what i try.
    Slowly, ZoneAlarm becomming very annoying: it deletes files which I create (compile) and does not react on reall Viruses at all.
    I was thinking to buy a commercial version of it, but now I will reconsider.
    Regards,

Have you tried to exclude the folder where you are actually saving the new file?
    You can exclude the files/folders from the 'on-access' scanning under the advanced settings of the antivirus/antispyware section (Exceptions)
    You can exclude the files/folders from the 'on-demand' scanning under the advanced settings of the antivirus/antispyware section (Scan target)

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Hi!
      Thanks for reply, but my question here was: Why I can not Restore Quarantined file back and not how I exclude files......
      Regards,

Comment

Probably because as soon you restore it they are filtered out again by ZA.
        First you need to fully exclude the files and folders then you can try to restore the files.
        Also you may want to provide screenshot of the exact error your receive, where you try to restore the file. More information you provide more likely others users here may be able to help (please note that we are all user here, no ZA support).

Thanks,
        Fax

Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Originally posted by fax View Post
          Probably because as soon you restore it they are filtered out again by ZA.
          First you need to fully exclude the files and folders then you can try to restore the files.
          Also you may want to provide screenshot of the exact error your receive, where you try to restore the file. More information you provide more likely others users here may be able to help (please note that we are all user here, no ZA support).

Thanks,
          Fax
          There is no error message, it just says that if I restore that file, it will be excluded and nothing happens!

Comment

Probably the quarantine depot is corrupted, especially if the file has been quarantine already sometime ago? Is the location of the file a particular one (e.g. temp folder, restricted access folder)? Have you actually excluded the location (not the file) from the 'on access' and 'on demand' AV scanner before trying to restore? What kind of detection was? Adware, Malware, HEUR?

Sorry can't reproduce this here, I am not compiling any file so can't replicate.
            Last edited by fax; 2 weeks ago.

Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Working...
            X