Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SourceTree and ZoneAlarm

Hi all,

I am using SourceTree (last version) with ZoneAlarm (last version) on Windows 8.1 (with all recent updates).

When launching SourceTree and connected through OpenVPN on the remote server, ZoneAlarm takes about 50% of the CPU and almost all memory. This makes SourceTree unusable. Creating a branch, switching to another repository, ... can take at least 30 seconds, and up to a few minutes.

Any idea how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance.

PS: Sorry if I made a duplicate, my other post did not seem to submit.

Re: SourceTree and ZoneAlarm

SourceTree is not a common tool used by households in their daily PC use, therefore most likely ZA has not been tested under your setup. Therefore I am not sure it will be looked at by ZA developers any time soon.

You may want to try to disable (one by one) each main component of ZA to trace back which part is conflicting with sourcetree. I imaging that you have already tried to shutdown ZA (-exit- from the tray icon near the clock) and check that the issue does not arise. If not, please do so to double check it.

Thanks,
    Fax

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Re: SourceTree and ZoneAlarm

Thanks fax.

Originally posted by fax View Post
      I imaging that you have already tried to shutdown ZA (-exit- from the tray icon near the clock) and check that the issue does not arise.
      Yes, once ZA is snoozed, the issue does not arise.

Originally posted by fax View Post
      You may want to try to disable (one by one) each main component of ZA to trace back which part is conflicting with sourcetree.
      Good point, I'll try that.

Thanks,
      xpfoup

Comment

Working...
      X