Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 7 only starts in Safe Mode after ZoneAlarm Free update

Hi,

Yesterday I thought it would be a good idea to click the update button on ZoneAlarm Free Version. After the needed restart Win 7 only runs in Safe Mode without any network features.

I do get the blue Windows startup screen.then it vanishes and leaves me witha black screen. I can see and move the mouse pointer. It does the same on Safe Mode but after a minute or so my desktop and all icons appear and everything works (but within SafeMode limitations).

I donot know how to proceed. I was ableto create a Recover CD from Safe Mode, but the RepairFunction doesnot find any issues, and apparently I have never created backups or recovery points. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T410 and can also go into the Lenovo Recovery options,but am not sure into what stoneage this will catapult my laptop.

Any ideas how to get back to the configuration right BEFORE the ZoneAlarm update or what might have gone wrong?Or how to pull throughwith the updatd so it works?

Thanks for your help!

Re: Windows 7 only starts in Safe Mode after ZoneAlarm Free update

Hi!

if you remove ZA in SAFE MODE can you then get your PC starting up correctly? I would start from there.

Thanks,
    Fax

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Re: Windows 7 only starts in Safe Mode after ZoneAlarm Free update

Black screen is hardware issue.
      Blue screen is operating system or software problem.
      Graphic issue or bad memory card?
      Best regards.
      oldsod

Comment

Working...
      X