Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZoneAlam_Cleaner.exe does not run

Hallo

Unfortunately my english is not perfect, but nevertheless I hope my problem is understandable.
    After having uninstaled ZoneAlarm free I tried to clean the registry with the aid of "ZoneAlarm_Clean.exe". After the presentation of a DOS like window with one line of text nothing happens. The presentation was so short, that the information could not be read.
    When I afterwards had a look at the registry, I found a lot of ZoneAlarm hints.
    My system : Windows 10 PRO 32 bit.
    What can I do ?

Regards Bernd.

Re: ZoneAlam_Cleaner.exe does not run

Hello,

I am afraid you have run some rouge-spyware program, ZoneAlarm_Clean.exe is not from ZA.

Not sure what to suggest but try to ensure your machine is not infected, follow the steps here:

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...an-up-Guidance

Including having your logs reviewed by volunteers malware experts at bleepingcomputer.com

Thanks,
    Fax
    Never ever install ZA if not downloaded from www.zonealarm.com

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Re: ZoneAlam_Cleaner.exe does not run

Originally posted by fax View Post
      Hello,

I am afraid you have run some rouge-spyware program, ZoneAlarm_Clean.exe is not from ZA.

Not sure what to suggest but try to ensure your machine is not infected, follow the steps here:

https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...an-up-Guidance

Including having your logs reviewed by volunteers malware experts at bleepingcomputer.com

Thanks,
      Fax
      Never ever install ZA if not downloaded from www.zonealarm.com

Hallo und guten Tag,

in the meantime I have installed the latest version of ZonAlarm, which seams to be
      compatible with Windows Defender. Because I made a partition backup before testing
      the mentioned "ZoneAlarm_Cleaner" and a reinstall there is no danger for my system.

Thank you for your help.

Bernd.

Comment

Working...
      X