This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] xp free antivirus-firewall won't uninstall to install new version

I have used xp free antivirus-firewall for a few years on this Dell computer and lately received notice that a new version was available if I uninstall the current version. For the first time ever I can't uninstall the current version PLUS there is no way to check for updates like I have always been able to do.

I can't even start the version to bring up ZA on my screen as I always do. My MS Securities tells me ZA is currently ON. I shut down my Windows Firewall ages ago so as not to cause a conflict. System Restore had no effect. My shortcut to ZA does nothing. I could try an uninstall in Safe Mode.

Re: xp free antivirus-firewall won't uninstall to install new version

Please see here:
    https://www.zonealarm.com/forums/sho...669#post307669

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
    Click here for ZA Support
    Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply. As I was waiting I did one final search for old posts with my problem. Turns out I came up with the same post you are recommending.

I did a CLEAN.exc and downloaded the newest version of xp ZA free. Worked great. Not only that I was able to save both files to a thumbdrive and loaded them on to another laptop XP to solve the same problem on it!

Case closed and glad to see your recommended post was the same as the one I found. Many Many thanks again and this problem is now resolved on two computers. My first post to the Forums too!

Comment

You"re welcome!
        I am very glad to hear that you have sorted it out.

And thank you very much for taking the time to report it back.

Fax

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
        Click here for ZA Support
        Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Working...
        X