Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why my router port 513 and 514 are shown as closed not stealthed in grc.com sheilds u

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why my router port 513 and 514 are shown as closed not stealthed in grc.com sheilds u

Hi, in checking the sheilds up, i scanned for ports scan all. the ports 513 and 514 ports are said to be closed but not stealthy. A word of suggestion to install zone alarm a personal firewall was given.
    I installed the same and rechecked with the scan. The same ports were found to be closed but not stealthed. Could you say, the solution.Moreover the ports are shown above, but the deep details include port no. 113 which is not at all shown in the test results of grc.com
    I thought of contacting grc.com, but they asked me to get help from their forums. i could not go further. So, i ask here experts

• oldsod
    replied
    Re: why my router port 513 and 514 are shown as closed not stealthed in grc.com sheil

Router ports, not computer ports. Difference.
    IP tested should show router ip, not ip from computer.
    Router testing and software firewall testing are two different tests with two different Ip.
    Port 113 used for vpn and other uses.
    Login into router and close/stealth ports, then retest.
    Often providers ship with open ports in router/modem for their connections or maintenance.
    Last edited by oldsod; September 28th, 2017, 05:10 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X