• Show
Clear All

• alexpro
    started a topic Can't update Antivirus at Free ZA 15.2.053.17581 Win10

Can't update Antivirus at Free ZA 15.2.053.17581 Win10

Hi all!
    I've install latest Free ZA 15.2.053.17581 (FW+AV),
    and try to Update...

Antivirus downloading and installing several time at one session of update.
    And after all:
    [X] Antivirus update ERROR

What happened?

Thanks.
    Aleksey

• fax
    replied
    Re: Can't update Antivirus at Free ZA 15.2.053.17581 Win10

Just to clarify, ZA uses the latest Kaspersky SDK engine (https://www.kaspersky.com/antivirus-sdk). Which is corresponding to the Kaspersky engine in in enterprise versions not home/retail versions. KAV development happen first on retail version and then is slowly moved to enterprise products. The reasons for slowness may be linked to the different server used by ZA for the free version (I experience no slow updates here on a retail version) and for the fact that ZA free version only updates automatically every 24h.

Thanks,
    Fax
    Last edited by fax; April 16th, 2018, 10:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

• qpwoeiruty
    replied

It could simply be that the download keeps timing out. I've used many different AV software over the years and ZA (which uses an older version of Kaspersky) has the slowest AV definition update downloads I have ever seen. Even on a very fast broadband connection it often takes 5-10 minutes. And no, I do not have this problem with anything else - all other downloads are super fast, it's only ZA AV updates. I think the Kaspersky update servers give the lowest priority and limit bandwidth to ZA users. So if you have a slower connection or if this is your first update (and thus larger) I can easily imagine it eventunally timing out and giving an error. I wish ZoneAlarm would either host the AV definition updates themselves, use a 3rd party CDN, or just switch away from Kaspersky entirely. But, until that happens, get used to painfully slow AV updates!!! Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• fax
    replied

were you installing on top of an existing ZA version or fresh install? Do you run any other AV or antimalware solutions?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X