New ZAAR components iin ZA 15.2??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New ZAAR components iin ZA 15.2??

Hello everybody, I'm new in these forums. the reason I created this thread is because I'm having problem understanding the new version of zone alarm free firewall 15.2.053.17581. when opening task manager I now see a few processes that was not there before. zone alarm anti ransomware, ZAAR Update Service, TESvc, Remediation Service, CpSbaUpdater, CbSbaCipolla, CPEFR. also folder SandBlastBackup has been created and on programs (86) on CheckPoint Folder EndPoint Security folder. I spoke to somebody on zonealarm chat and he said it was part of the new version. But no offence he sounded confuse. I try uninstalling and did a clean install but keep getting the same results. I only run windows defender on windows 10 home 64 bit.
    Last edited by Q454; March 3rd, 2018, 12:34 PM.

Re: Having problems since installing zonalarm free freall 15.2.053.17581

I just discover that does processes and files are from Zone Alarm Anti-Ransomware. is not in the taskbar, neither in control panel. and the only way to uninstall is thru programs (x86) CheckPoint/Endpoint Security/TpCommon/Cipolla folder. after that I rebooted and again it downloaded itself again. any suggestion would be appreciated. or can someone clarified if is part of the new version of the firewall

Comment

3 days and still no help from the mods. I came here for help but it looks as if nobody cares. I'm seeing other threads getting answer except for mines?

Comment

Sorry all users here and ZA free does not offer official support. I can't help has as I am not using the free version + I am actually using ZA antiransomware.

The only way for a free user to feedback development is via participating to the beta programme. But the beta of version 2018 has just finished.

Sorry again,
        Fax

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
        Click here for ZA Support
        Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

I understand, but all I'm asking is the ZA antiransomware was part of the latest version of ZA free firewall. Because it keeps installing itself. I have downgraded to version 15.1.522.17528 and everything is working the way it supposed to. I think is a bug with the latest version

Comment

New processes in new version

Hi,

I just updated my ZoneAlarm security software to new version: 15.2.053.17581

And after definition update, I got some new processes in my task manager, which are part of ZoneAlarm software:

EFRService.exe
            RemediationService.exe
            SBACipollaSrvHost.exe
            TESvc.exe
            ZAAR.exe
            ZAARUpdateService.exe

What are these processes, and why they appear now with this new definition update and new ZoneAlarm version?

Comment

Re: New ZAAR components iin ZA 15.2??

Merged posts and edited the thread title to better hint to the issue discussed

ZoneAlarm Extreme Security
              Monday-Sunday 24x7

Comment

Thank you for editing the thread title to better understand the issue, cause I try again yesterday with version 15.2.053.17581. but it did the exact same thing. after reboot it re install the ZAAR components. I think is a bug because I did a clean uninstall and install version 15.1.522.17528. and now everything is good again. I hope solution can be found to get rid f this annoying problem

Comment

Originally posted by Q454 View Post
                  Thank you for editing the thread title to better understand the issue, cause I try again yesterday with version 15.2.053.17581. but it did the exact same thing. after reboot it re install the ZAAR components. I think is a bug because I did a clean uninstall and install version 15.1.522.17528. and now everything is good again. I hope solution can be found to get rid f this annoying problem
                  I agree with Guru Fax,

perhaps a solution to your request has just been released, in an auto update to the Zone Alarm Anti-Ransomware utility - 1.1.453.17596

Regards;
                  GeorgeV
                  GeorgeV
                  ZoneAlarm® Extreme Security

Monday-Sunday 24x7 Hours
                  Closed on Holidays

Comment

I'm happy to confirm that the problem has been resolve on my end. I tried ZA free firewall version 15.2 and everything is good like it supposed to just as GeorgeV said. they did a regular update that fix the issue. thanks for the help I really appreciated

Comment

Never mind I spoke too soon, it came back the same annoying processes that slows my computer down. I had it with this firewall, to much hassle and still not getting resolve

Comment

Maybe this components are removed from ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, but they are still available in this new version of ZoneAlarm Free Antivirus + Firewall.

I again did clean install this morning, and after definition update, all these components came back, and got installed.

Comment

Actually the problem does exist also on the new version of ZA free firewall. I thought the problem had went away but it did not. as you said as soon as is updated the ZAAR and SBA components come back. is been almost 2 weeks and nothing has been done about it.

Comment

Does this mean that anti-ransomware is now built in to the main product? There's no mention of it in the changes at the top of this forum, and no mention of version 15.2 at all in the release history pages.

For those who have upgraded, do these new components have any significant performance hit?

Comment

Hello,

Below is the official response to any and all new components that have been added to any Free ZA product version 15.2.053.17581 and greater.

Why would we release a free antivirus product? The answer is quite simple. More people using our security solutions means more people will be more secure; more computers will contribute to our cloud service, and we will in turn be able to detect more previously unknown threats and react faster to their discovery. It’s the same as with services/apps that show traffic jams — the more people who use the app, the more reliable the information is.
                              The Free versions of ZoneAlarm have additional threat tracking components from our Anti-Ransomware product that we use to make all our ZoneAlarm products more secure.

Best regards
                              Forum Moderator
                              Last edited by Forum-Moderator; March 26th, 2018, 01:17 PM.
                              ZoneAlarm Support 24/7 click here
                              Closed on U.S. Holidays

Comment

Working...
                              X